Saturday, October 5, 2013

a little BALWM














Beanie-a-long information here!

I decided to cast on Whitecaps Hat by Emily Wessel in Cascade 220 heathers. I really like this pattern, and think it will be very nice in worsted weight. I will be sending it to a friend who lives up north, because she has been so kind to me.

Untitled

Today was such a beautiful day! It reached 60 degrees and was very sunny all day. I even hung some socks out to dry :) they didn't fully dry but I savored it because it's most likely one of the last days I'll be able to hang them outside until spring.

Untitled

It's frosted the past few nights, so we cleaned out the garden. All of the marigolds and cosmos were wilted. The tomatillos did not get very big before the frost either, but I'm hoping Scott will make his tomatillo salsa with the ones we saved :)

I did a little shopping last week:

 leg warmers and hats and...


It's kind of funny that I buy all of this fabric, because I am not very good at sewing! But when I see these cute prints, I can't help myself. The skein on the far right is tweed! I haven't knit with tweed yarn before and am pretty excited about it.

Ok, time to make a pumpkin shake :) if it turns out, I'll let you know!

11 comments:

  1. That Beanie KAL seems like a lot of fun! Your new yarn and fabric is very nice! I love the blue yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good KAL!! :) I still haven't turned the fabric into anything yet...but maybe one weekend I will sew some WIP bags :)

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your hat. Your yarn acquisitions are wonderful.
    Yes, please let us know how your pumpkin shake turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andi! the pumpkin shake was awful!!! It was loosely based off of a recipe I saw a long time ago...horrible. haha!

      Delete
  3. Terrific pattern chosen. The texture is awesome. What a beautiful place you have to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hat is so cute jesse, and i love all your new yarns and fabrics, it's making me want to sew now, those little ghosts and foxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know, how can you say no to those guys?! had to have them :)

      Delete
  5. I just added the Whitecaps pattern to the queue :) Love the beautiful socks drying beneath your Whitecaps in progress. Great purchases, I did a little fall shopping too. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! It is one of my favorite hat patterns! I knit one in bulky weight and can't wait to wear it this winter. I wish I could dry my socks in the outside air all year long, oh well! what did you buy?!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥