Saturday, July 7, 2012

Holy toledo, it's hot out. I really love summer, but I seem to always forget how much I dislike the steaming heat. It makes me irritable, you know?

I started these a few days ago:

Worsted weight socks on the needles today. They will be my first short row heel/no gusset pair.



Yarns: Patons Classic Wool in Dark Gray and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Amethyst Heather
Needle: US 5
Pattern: Toe up Star Toe Worsted Weight Sock by Kathleen Taylor

Progress. This short row heel was maddening! I ripped it out at least six times. There are still a few holes in the heel but I will just sew them closed.

Short row heel and mine has so many holes. I ripped it out many times and try to eliminate the holes, but nothing really worked. In the end, (to save my sanity) I kept the holes and sewed them closed.

It doesn't make too much sense to knit worsted weight socks in the summer. The nonsense really hit me when I went to Michaels today, and they already have Christmas things out. Yikes.

Hope you are all staying cool.