Sunday, September 28, 2014

weekend things

It's so hard to believe that another weekend has passed, and that another month is almost over! We had a few days last week that were in the high 80s-low 90s, and that did not feel very fall-like. But this weekend has been chilly and damp, and with the changing leaves, it's beginning to feel very much like autumn. So much so that I had to cast on some fall socks:


P1060145


The yarn is from Knit Picks Felici in the colorway Maple Leaves


P1060147


I wound each skein into pretty little balls that Susan B. Anderson calls Everlasting Gobstopper Yarn Balls. It was fun to do! and I think they look really cute :)


I've knit a lot on Brie's socks. The pattern is Faux Cable Socks by Jen Lucas.

P1060141

This is our second swap together! I'm keeping the photo in black and white so something will remain a mystery for her (I am really bad at keeping secrets!) :) it's so much fun knitting and putting together a package for a knitting friend! and it's equally fun to wear hand knit items from a friend; I cherish them.


This sock was finished during the weekend:

P1060144


it's Crazy Zauberball in colorway 1701 Parrot. I decided to use an afterthought heel in order to not disrupt the color flow. My last pair of Crazy Zauberballs has a distinct line where the colors change after the heel, and it kind of drives me nuts! I got the idea from Dani after she knit a pair of Crazy Zauberball socks the same way.


P1060142


This pair is part of another knitting swap! :)


P1060143


and probably the most exciting thing that I finished is a super duper old WIP!


Round Ripple


Uhhhh, I started it in December 2011... haha!! It's been through at least one house move, saw me graduate from college, and it became insanely jealous when I abandoned it to learn how to knit!


Round Ripple


Its purpose was to use up acrylic remnants because I had so. much. acrylic! Picking it up again after years of not crocheting was interesting, but it all came back to me pretty quickly. I am glad the pattern is simple! (it's Lyn's Round Ripple). Ultimately I only added about five rounds before deciding it was finished because I had had enough! I would say it's an oversized lapghan, if such a thing exists :) I am going to gift it to my aunt for Christmas and I think she will like it.

And the rest of the acrylic is going to be donated.



I hope everyone has a great week! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥