Tuesday, December 17, 2013

ups and downs, but mostly ups :)

Goodness gracious! I will try to not go so long without posting!!

Since my last post I have finished two pairs of socks:

Hermione's

Surprise! It's Hermione's Everyday socks (my third pair this year! I never get tired of this pattern) The yarn is Liberty's Yarn Jabbersocky in the colorway Agatha. I purchased it from a friend's Rav destash. I really love the colors and the sort-of-stripes! I found the yarn to be a tad splitty though.


Untitled

This pair was a sock knitting record for me, I knit them in just five days! They were for a Harry Potter Sock KAL (please join us!!) :) doesn't that sound like the best thing ever? The pattern is Petunia Dursley's Double Eyelet Socks by Erica Lueder. I wanted to knit them after seeing Andi's pair (she is the best enabler!) It is a great pattern and despite the eyelets, very easy to memorize. I wrote about the yarn in the last post; it did not take long for me to cast on :) I loooove this pair of socks ♥ 

Right after finishing I cast on a new pair of Christmas socks, but I wasn't feeling the yarn and pattern together. And since then, I have been working back and forth between Hue Shift Afghan and Pendulum... one day they will both be finished.


I knit this little guy for my book club's holiday party:

Snowman

what luck that it snowed the day I finished him :) I used Rebecca Danger's basic peanut body and improvised his accessories. It was our second year having a gift swap and it was so fun! We each made a gift and played White Elephant (while eating lots of yummy food). There was some dirty gift stealing but all good fun :)


On another note, I consider myself a very lucky person. I try to be good and do good, and like to think that it always comes back to me. But I know bad things happen all the time, regardless.

and that was the last day she decided to park on the street

I woke up last week to this. It makes me sad because the person didn't leave a note, not even just to say they were sorry. I am so thankful that my car is still safe to drive (I had it looked at), and with my parents' help, I can replace this one at some point.

But you know what? I am just so happy to have my loved ones. I have been missing my grandma so much lately... it just helps put the important things at the top. I have made many wonderful relationships this year and have found some lifelong friends xx


And so, to end on an up, a tree of bunny nuggets:



Another batch #bunnynuggets


Merry Christmas, my friends!! ♥ ♥ ♥

12 comments:

  1. Look at those lovely knits! Talk about being an enabler, now I want to cast on more socks.
    Sending you love and comfort in regards to the woes. We never truly get over the loss of loved ones do we? I guess that is what love is all about. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andi! I think the coming year will bring many pairs of socks :)

      big hugs to you, thank you again xx

      Delete
  2. The bunny nuggets are so cute on your tree. Sorry about your car. That sucks. It's their karma. Great projects going on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Stefanie! One day I want a whole tree of bunny nuggets :) I always end up giving them away so I still have a lot to make.

      Delete
  3. Your snowman and bunny nuggets are so cute!!! I can't believe what happened to your car... at least, you are not letting it bring you down, that wouldn't been worth it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryse!! they were all big hits with the recipients!

      Delete
  4. your socks are awesome! love all the little critters too.

    and i love how positive you are even with the car thing. but - there's certainly some good karma for you :)

    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥