Wednesday, March 13, 2013

a few things...

1. a chubby chirp for my aunt:

Chubby chirp


2. another Hitchhiker Shawl in progress! Part of an Instagram KAL. I'm knitting it with my lovely skein of Mad Tosh :) I've knit quite a bit more than what's in this photo:

Hitchhiker progress #hhkal13


3. Remember the Winter Wonderland Sampler I started last Christmas? Those clever girls have come up with the Springtime Sampler at the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery ! I am working on the frames right now, and on April 1 the first little patterns come out!! Pictures soon :)


4. I joined another Instagram KAL for the Colorblock Shawl by Jennifer, more information at Knitwise, Purlwise. My colors will be:

For colorblock shawl


5. I recently realized that I can listen to Audible books on my iPhone, instead of on my Kindle... it might not sound like much to you, but when I realized this, the world stopped. So I've been listening to The Help nonstop for the past few days while I stitch on the Springtime Sampler. Have you read/listened/watched it?? It's amazing!! I haven't seen the movie yet but I really want to after listening to the audio book. Soooo good. I think I might be the last person on earth to read this book.

so happy it's Hump Day and BOOK CLUB NIGHT!!

8 comments:

  1. 2. Your Hitchhiker is gorgeous! Is that Tart? I love it!
    4. I'm so excited for the KAL - I can't wait to see how yours turns out with the striped yarn. So fun!
    5. That is awesome! I usually watch YouTube videos or listen to podcasts on my phone while I knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Tart! I love to listen/watch podcasts too! I think it's pretty cool to be knitting, and watch or hear about someone else knitting :)

      Delete
  2. I love your Hitchhiker shawl! It's going to be gorgeous! And knit alongs sound so fun! I always wish I could join in on knit alongs but they always seem to be at a time when I have too many projects and can't start anything new!
    I can't wait to see how your colorblock shawl turns out! I love those colors!!
    ♥Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I keep meaning to have a "proper" photo shoot but keep forgetting.

      Delete
  3. hi jesse!

    love the chirp, made me smile! your shawl is lovely~ i'm doing a shawlette in a kal starting in april~ kal's are fun although i've never completed one when i should..lol

    happy weekending~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thank you :) my aunt really liked the chirp too! KALs are so much fun, I agree!! I like seeing the different colors people use. Hehe it's ok if you don't finish in time! Hope you have a wonderful weekend too :)

      Delete
  4. I love the look of that Hitchhiker! Red is becoming attractive to me. The little bird stuffie is fun. It would be cute to carry it in one's purse and squeeze it now and then. Can't wait to see the beginnings of your Colorblock Shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kepanie! I have always loved red, but never knit with it!!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥